Ethics for Real Estate
(3 CE credit hours - satisfies the State of Ohio Ethics requirement and NAR Ethics requirement due December 31, 2020.
Instructor: Carol Prigan, Realtor with HER, Realtors
Carol Prigan began her career in real estate with HER, Realtors as a licensed salesperson while still teaching part-time at Otterbein College. After four years, she decided that one career was enough and resigned from teaching. Never really stopped teaching, Carol now oversees professional development with HER. She enjoys helping agents realize their goals by providing a variety of learning opportunities. Carol also provides technology training, develops courses for classroom and online, organizes outside speakers and trains to present to the agents and maintains HER's transaction management platform.
This class is designed to make your required ethics CE a fun experience and also relevant to your real estate life.
The course will includes:
- Ethics and the Law: What happens when they aren't in balance
- Multiple offers: How to best handle
- Create your own personal ethics road map
- Why consumers have trust issues with real estate agents; how not to put your interest ahead of theirs
- Variable rate commissions and bonuses; the ethics of both practices
- Ethics and how it relates to short sale issue
Cost: 'Free' of charge to Columbus REALTORS® members; $20 for MLS only and non-members)