Certified Real Estate Mentor (CREM) Designation Course
Columbus REALTORS® is excited and proud to announce the development of a designation course that teaches a Realtor how to be a real estate mentor. From Columbus REALTORS®' 2017 President, Mic Gordon's initiative, the CREM Task Force, which included members of the Residential Education Committee, as well as, other interested Realtor members, spent more than a year developing the focus, the criteria and the course content for the designation. This is the second course offering and the first one for 2018.
Why Mentoring? Mentoring is and always has been vital for success in the real estate world. Despite its importance, there is very little formal mentor training. This mentorship education is essential to make sure that knowledge, experience, and wisdom are passed down from generation to generation. Mentoring is also a way to address many important topics including"
- Professionalism in the industry
- The need to address the high failure rate for newer agents
- The challenge (and opportunity) for experienced agents near retirement to find and train their replacements.
The CREM designation is award by Columbus REALTORS to those members who meet the experience criteria and complete the two-day course, The Certified Real Estate Mentor.
- Two-day course, March 7 & 8, 2018
- March 7 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) & March 8 (9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) On-site check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Instructor for the course, Sean Carpenter (National-known Professional Speaker who holds the CREM Designation)
- Plus, this course has been approved for 12 hours of continuing education credit (as an elective)
Requirements for the CREM designation:
- Minimum experience of two years as a full-time Realtor
- Participation in a minimum of 40 transaction sides
- Association/Community involvement (minimum of 5 points total - click here for application and details)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Broker or Manager
- The CREM course and designation application must be completed, signed, dated and submitted with the letter of recommendation.
For more information, contact Lucy Buzzee at (614) 498-1020.
This is your opportunity to be among the first Realtors to earn the Certified Real Estate Mentor Designation!
Cost: $299; includes course manual/workbook and lunch provided each day
Seating is limited to the first 18 applicants who meet the requirements for the CREM Designation and have paid the tuition.