How Fair Is Fair Housing?
Commemorating the 50-year anniversary of the Fair Housing Act
Join us on Friday, April 13, 2018 for this joint commemorative Live Forum sponsored by the Columbus REALTORS® Affordable Housing Committee and the Columbus Realtist Association.
This forum, which starts at 11a, and held at Columbus REALTORS® Membership Headquarters, 2700 Airport Dr., 43219, will feature a panel discussion on a variety of topics, including:
- How long has Fair Housing legislation been around?
- Why was/is there a need for Fair Housing?
- What are our legislators currently doing to improve fair housing?
- Why do lenders ask for personal information regarding race, sex, and ethnicity, etc.?
- How do local Fair Housing agencies make a difference?
- How does where we live intersect with other aspects of our lives and make a difference in our health and life expectancy?
- What can individuals and groups such as, Columbus REALTORS® Affordable Housing Committee and Columbus Realtist Association can do to help make positive changes in fair housing.
Sheree Smoot-Johnson, President, Columbus Realtist Association and a Sales Associate with Affordable Housing Real Estate Company; Larry Seward, Congresswoman Joyce Beatty’s Outreach Director; John T. Zimmerman, Vice President, Miami Valley Housing Center, Inc., Central Ohio Fair Housing Association; and Jason Reece, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, City & Regional Planning, Knowlton School of Architecture and Interim Director of Research, The Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race & Ethnicity are the speakers for this event.
There is no cost to attend, but registration is required. Register today!