Certified Real Estate Mentor (CREM) Designation Course
Columbus REALTORS® is excited and proud to announce the development of a designation course that teaches a Realtor how to be a real estate mentor. From Columbus REALTORS® President, Mic Gordon's initiative, the CREM Task Force, which included members of the Residential Education Committee, as well as, other interested Realtor members, has spent more than a year developing the focus, criteria and course content for the designation.
Why Mentoring? Mentoring is and always has been vital for success in the real estate world. Despite its importance, there is very little formal mentor training. This mentorship education is essential to make sure that knowledge, experience and wisdom are passed down from generation to generation. Mentoring is also a way to address many important topics including:
- Professionalism in the industry
- The need to address the high failure rate for newer agents
- The challenge (and opportunity) for experienced agents near retirement to find and train their replacements
This CREM designation is awarded by Columbus REALTORS® to those members who meet the experience criteria and complete the two-day course, The Certified Real Estate Mentor.
- Two-day course, Nov. 28; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. & Nov. 29; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with on-site registration beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Instructor for the course is Sean Carpenter, Nationally-known Professional Speaker who holds the CREM Designation
Requirements for the CREM Designation:
- Minimum experience of 2 years as a full-time Realtor
- Participation in a minimum of 40 transaction sides
- Association involvement (minimum of 5 points total - see application for details)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Broker or Manager
- The CREM course and designation application must be completed, signed, dated and submitted with the letter of recommendation.
Cost: $299; includes course manual/workbook and lunch provided each day
Seating is limited to the first 24 applicants who meet the requirements for the CREM Designation.
For more information, contact Lucy Buzzee (614) 475-4000 ext. 240
This is your opportunity to be one of the first Realtors to earn the Certified Real Esttae Mentor Designation!