Volunteers needed! No cost, just your time! The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation has been selected as the charity of choice for the Nov. 18 O-zone tailgate on Lane Avenue (formerly River Jam) and we need your help! Help us raise funds for the Foundation at the tailgate with your friends and then watch Ohio State take on the fighting Illini.
Official Game Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. Nov. 18
Two shifts available: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. (or join us all day) - contact Ida Seitter to confirm your shift time.
Location is 364 W. Lane Avenue (across from stadium), click here for map of the tailgate (volunteers should meet at the 'main' entrance on Lane Ave.). Parking is on volunteers to arrange and carpooling is strongly encouraged, while there is come public parking available along Olentangy River Rd. (north of Lane), we suggest taking an Uber/Lyft or COTA bus down. Please allow time for heavy traffic!
Volunteers should arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled shift ready to work. Wear layers and comfortable shoes (each Foundation volunteer will receive an apron to go over clothes).
You will be assigned an activity prior to arriving. Activities include: selling beverage tickets, pouring beer, checking IDs, trash pickup & more! Please let the Foundation know if you have any restrictions when registering.
- Event is rain, snow or shine! Thankfully it doesn't look like it will rain, but it will be cool (mid-40s). Wear layers, hats, etc.
- Wear comfortable shoes you can stand in for the entire shift
- Will be able to take breaks (not during 'peak' hours), there ar food vendors onsite and personal snacks are suggested
- Bottled water provided at no cost
- Rubber gloves are suggested for those serving in the beer trailers (icy hands!), we are working to purchase some, but if you have some yourself, please bring with! We will also have 'Hot Hand Warmers' onsite
Click here to learn more about how the Foundation is 'building community' every day.
The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation is a nonprofit public-charity recognized under section 501c(3) of Ohio IRC; donations are tax-deductible for income tax purposes, less the value of any gifts received. Donors are encouraged to seek personal legal or tax counsel regarding their personal tax situation.