The first notice of the second dues installment billing will be emailed to members no later than April 10, 2020. When you receive the email, please do not delete it as it includes access to pay your bill online.
If you wish to pay your dues online, your login is your license number and lower case `cbr’ is the password. Once you log in from the main menu, you will need to pay your Association, MLS and Key fees separately. Please click on the appropriate link on the main menu for each fee:
- Pay your REALTOR® fees online for Columbus REALTORS® Dues
- Pay your MLS fees online for MLS Dues
- Pay your Key fees online for Key
Congrats 10 Under 40 Award honorees!
Congratulations to our 2020 10 Under 40 honorees: Alexander Buckner, Keller Williams Greater Columbus; Andy Dutcher, SIOR, NAI Ohio Equities; Greg Harris, Keller Williams Consultants Realty; Shaun Hood, Coldwell Banker King Thompson; Alexandra Krause, NextHome Experience; Lauren Lucas, Keller Williams Classic Properties; Joshua Nungesser, Keller Williams Excel Realty; Jill Richardson, Keller Williams Greater Columbus; Amanda Roderick, Key Realty; and Kris Shannon, CRT, Realtors®.
These select individuals are not only under 40, but are enterprising, innovative and ambitious leaders committed the March/April In Contract.
Help make 2020 CORPAC Auction a success!
Donations are needed for the CORPAC Auction set for Thursday, May 20, 2020, at Walter’s Commons at St. Charles Preparatory School, 2010 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43209. The CORPAC Fundraising Committee is seeking items like vacations, spa and travel packages, electronics (iPods, digital cameras, etc.), golf outings, party and day-trip packages, designer purses, jewelry, clothing and accessories.
The committee is also seeking items under $100, such as office supplies, restaurant and entertainment gift cards, books, wine, collectible items and memorabilia and more!
If you would like to donate an item or sponsor the event, contact Ida Seitter at (614) 475-4000 ext. 247, Iseitter@ColumbusRealtors.com or download the CORPAC Auction Item donation form at ColumbusRealtors.com/corpac.
Cycle One – Spring Memorial Scholarships
Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020
If you are planning to apply for any of the five REALTORS® Charitable Foundation Fund Scholarships, mark your calendars because the due dates are just around the corner.
- Spring Memorial Scholarships (multiple awards): Funded annually by the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation
- Nate Katz Memorial Scholarship (one annually): Created in honor of Keller Williams broker Nate Katz and funded by Keller Williams Greater Columbus Cares; this award is given to an up-and-coming student who exhibits excellent leadership potential.
- Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR) Scholarship (one annually): Funded by the local WCR Columbus Chapter annually; the award includes a one-year WCR membership and is given to a future female leader, seeking to obtain her degree or license in real estate.
- Connie Salts Memorial Scholarship: Created and funded by long-time REALTOR® leaders, Dean and Connie Salts, this award seeks to support both current and future REALTOR® leaders
- Young Professionals Network (YPN) Scholarship (one annually): Annual pre-licensing award given to a student who best exemplifies the characteristics needed to excel as a newly licensed REALTOR® and future YPN leader. Funded by Columbus REALTORS® YPN
Each of the scholarships has different criteria. Complete information and application forms are available online at
2019 Membership Report
Below is a breakdown of the Columbus REALTORS® 2019 membership figures, which totaled 8,482 members; an increase over the 8,404 members report in 2018. Of these figures, 798 were new members, a slight decrease from the 925 new members figures in 2018.
2019 Membership Report:
Brokers 725 190
Agents 6,683 367
Affiliates 219 34
Sustaining 264 0
Subtotal 7,891 591
NAR is a national partner for 2020 Census
The National Association of REALTORS® has been designated a national partner by the US Census Bureau for the upcoming 2020 Census.
Congressional representation and about $1.5 trillion is allocated to states and localities annually based off of Census results – delivering funds for roads, hospitals, schools and countless other public services. This year’s results will influence the allocation of $93.5 billion to Federal Direct Student Loans, $19.3 billion to Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers and $12 billion to the National School Lunch Program
Notices about the 2020 Census will be mailed in mid-March. Folks can respond to the Census over the phone, through the mail or online. It should be noted that the Bureau will never ask for bank account or social security numbers, donations or anything on behalf of a political party. Promotional materials emphasizing the importance of responding to the 2020 Census will be provided to REALTORS® to share with clients and neighbors.
For more information on NAR's efforts to promote Census participation please visit nar.realtor/census.
Supporting those who support us — In Contract advertisers
We ask that you take a few minutes to send a note to our magazine advertisers to let them know that you saw their ad in our magazine and appreciate their support. And, then send a little business their way. In Contract is supported in part from the advertising dollars we get from our advertisers. It’s important that we continue to support those who support us.
Have you done anything for the community lately?
If so, Columbus REALTORS® is accepting nominations for 2020 Spotlight on Community Service recognition. This recognition honors members for their everyday community service activities, i.e., coaching little league, participation in school/ church functions, involvement in charitable organizations, etc.
Four members will be selected and featured in the May/June In Contract for their work in the community. If you or a colleague is deserving of this recognition, please nominate yourself or your colleague by sending an email to Lhackworth@ColumbusRealtors.com or call (614) 528-1112.
We just need a name and the community service activity. The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2020.
Board of Directors Report – 1/22/20
- Membership was 8,482 (as of 12/31/19) which is just slightly above the 2018-year end (8,404).
- New members approved – five brokers, two corporate affiliates, three individual affiliates, four sustaining applicants and 55 REALTORS®.
- Authorized budgeted contributions to One Columbus, Homeport, and ASAE’s Government Advocacy Fund.
- Elected Jason Hottle, Gary Francis and Tricia Tennyson to the 2020 Candidate Endorsement & Independent Expenditure Committee.
Board of Directors Report – 2/19/20
- Membership was 8,353 (as of 1/31/20), up 2.4 percent from the previous year (8,154).
- New members approved – 12 brokers, three REALTOR®-Appraisers, two corporate affiliates, five individual affiliate, three sustaining applicants and 90 REALTORS®.
- Approved budgeted annual contribution to the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation.
- Approved the Schupp Leadership Library.