MLS News: Realist 2020 – Improvements, New Features, and HTML
The Realist public records software is scheduled for a major update this year. Updates include a new user interface, improvements and new functionality. The current estimate for release is April of 2020.
The most notable update is the removal of Adobe® Flash®. The updated, Flash®-free Realist environment is expected to be more responsive and with a much more modern user interface. The basic navigation and functionality are very similar to the old versions. This will help maintain a familiarity which will make it easy to learn and use the new version. Realist has added several NEW features in additional to improvements and removing the Flash® install requirement.
Flash® was a viable and highly supported option for a very long time. However, it has been slowly dying of attrition for years. This has caused many problems and long calls to technical support. The new 2020 version of Realist is built with industry-standard HTML and no longer requires Flash®.
Let’s look at some of those improvements and new features.
- The View Results field will display the number matches as a count-on-the-fly feature which is updated as search criteria is added, even before the search button is clicked.
- The View Results now displays maximum 10,000 matches.
Map pins have been color coded to indicate the listing status.
- Green indicates Active.
- Red indicates Sold.
- Yellow indicates Pending.
- Purple indicates Expired.
- Black indicates there is no associated listing activity on the property record.
- Cards View is a new, quick thumbnail view that displays a photo and key fields for each property.
- Users can easily switch between Table View (the old linear display) and Cards View.
- The Card can even be customized to add, remove, and rearrange fields.
Reports updated to look more modern and clean:
Realist is now mobile friendly:
Regardless the device you use, Realist goes with you.
The new Realist should be available to all Columbus and Central Ohio Regional MLS users in April 2020.
MLS Board of Directors Actions -- 2/17/20
- Added Section 4.5 to the MLS Rules & Regulations to prohibit inappropriate photo content. This includes, but is not limited to depictions of death, violence, or sexual content.
- Added ‘Land Trust’ to the Additional Acceptance Conditions field for properties added to the MLS by the Central Ohio Community Land Trust.
MLS Software Operations Report -- Feb. 12, 2020
- Condo/HOA Checklist – Help Text Updated – Dec. 16
a) Help text modified to remove “please”: “If the HOA/COA field is marked 'yes', please complete AND upload the Condominium/HOA Checklist. The form can be downloaded directly here in PDF format or from the Contracts & Forms page on the Association website.”
- Surveillance Disclaimer to be Added to Bottom of MLS Reports – Feb. 2020
a) MLS Board of Director’s approved disclaimer added to the standard disclaimer at the bottom of all MLS reports
b) Current disclaimer: Information is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. © 2019 MLS and FBS. Prepared by MATT C. WARREN, e-PRO on Monday, December 16, 2019, 2:27p. The information on this sheet has been made available by the MLS and may not be the listing of the provider.
c) New disclaimer: Video and/or audio surveillance may be in use on this property. Information is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. © 2020 MLS and FBS. Prepared by MATT C. WARREN, e-PRO on Monday, February 17, 2019 2:27p. The information on this sheet has been made available by the MLS and may not be the listing of the provider.
d) Verbiage will be added by FBS
- Homesnap Contingent Properties Display Change – Feb. 5
a) MLS Contingent status listing will now appear on the map as green icons
b) Public and “claimed clients” Clients must “opt-in” to viewing the contingent properties on the filter menu in Homesnap.
c) Contingent listings were previously considered “Contract” listings and were not included in the “For Sale” display of Green icons on the map.
d) Contingent listings will continue display a yellow Contingent flag on the corner of the photo and at the top of the full listing display screen.
e) This change was made because clients and the public were confused when Contingent listings did not appear alongside Active listings in Homesnap.
- MLS Taxes: Time to Update “Tax (Yrly)” and “Tax Year”
a) It’s time to update the tax information for the 2019 tax year.
b) Many county auditor websites have already updated the tax records.
c) This is an important MANUAL operation that listing agents must complete at the beginning of each year.
d) Realist cannot automatically update listings entered the previous year.