Leadership Academy accepting applications
Applications for Columbus REALTORS® Leadership Academy are being accepted. Members interested in developing their personal and leadership skills are encouraged to apply. Only 12 REALTORS® will be selected for the academy and they must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a REALTOR® member in good standing for the last three years.
- Must demonstrate leadership attributes including, but not limited to: people skills, courage, decisiveness, integrity, creativity, curiosity, and big-picture thinking
- Must provide two letters of recommendation.
- Must submit a signed application which includes commitment to attend all Leadership Academy programs. Tuition is $850 (non-refundable); and the deadline for submitting applications is Aug. 1, 2019, 5p.
For more information, application and selection process, click here.
There’s a leader in you waiting to grow. Could this be your year?
Spring Scholarship Winners Announced!
The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation Scholarship Committee is proud to announce seven new additions to the REALTOR® class, following the committee’s spring scholarship interviews held in May.
A $11,000 investment (funded by the Foundation), provided scholarships to this year’s awardees who are dedicated to becoming the best in the business, hailing from all areas of the industry, including unlicensed assistants, affiliate members, and current REALTORS® seeking their broker’s license.
A special thank you goes to current Scholarship partners, Keller Williams Realty of Central Ohio, Women’s Council of REALTORS®-Columbus Chapter, and the Columbus REALTORS® Young Professionals Network (YPN) for providing funds administered by the committee annually.
Contact Ida Seitter at (614) 475-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss setting up a scholarship in your name.
Missed out? The next deadline to apply for the annual John G. & Linda Hondros Pre-Licensing and the Fall Memorial awards is Friday, Sept. 27, 2019. Click here for more info or to apply today!
Spring Scholarship Award Winners:
- YPN Network Award: Chris Takacs
- Nate Katz Memorial Award: Dejah Bennett
- Women’s Council of REALTORS®: Debbie Stohl
Columbus REALTORS® Foundation Memorial Awards:
- Linda Berling
- Amie Clark
- Alicia Hart
- Miranda Lytle
- The Buckeye Ranch – My Place (buckeyeranch.org)
- Community Shelter Board (csb.org)
- Franklinton Rising (franklintonrising.org)
- Furniture Bank of central Ohio (furniturebankcoh.org)
- Habitat for Humanity (habitatmidohio.org/)
- Homeless Families Foundation (homelessfamiliesfoundation.org)
- Joseph’s Coat of Central Ohio (josephs-coat.org)
- Melissa’s House (www.melissashouse.org)
- Move to Prosper (movetoprosper.org)
- YWCA Columbus – Family Center (ywcacolumbus.org)
Spotlight on Community Service!
Columbus REALTORS® is still accepting nominations for 2019 Spotlight on Community Service recognition. This recognition honors members for their everyday community service activities, i.e., coaching little league, participation in school/church functions, involvement in charitable organizations, etc.
Four members will be selected and featured in the September/October In Contract for their work in the community. If you or a colleague is deserving of this recognition, please nominate yourself or your colleague by sending an email to Lynn Hackworth or call her at (614) 528-1112. We just need a name and the community service activity. Nominations are due Aug. 1, 2019.
Supporting those who support us — In Contract advertisers
We ask that you take a few minutes to send a note to our magazine advertisers to let them know that you saw their ad in our magazine and appreciate their support. And, then please send a little business their way. In Contract is supported in part from the advertising dollars we get from our advertisers. It’s important that we continue to support those who support us.