Two huge changes to the sales awards!
Your Columbus REALTORS® Recognition and Sales Awards Committee works diligently each year looking for ways to improve our awards programs. This year, they’ve made two significant changes to the Million Dollar Sales Awards.
- Fewer transaction per year
The number of transactions required for each award level has been reduced from 10 transactions to 5 in an award year.
- Recapture past production
Rules for the One Million Dollar Award required that all production occur within the award year (Nov. 1 – Oct. 31 of each year). Previously, any production prior to the award year was lost. Good News! The rules have been revised to allow members to “recapture” volume earned prior to applying for the One Million Dollar Award.
Here’s how it works…
If you’re applying for the One Million Dollar Award:
Include all sales production from the time you became a member of Columbus REALTORS® through Oct. 31, 2017. Excess volume over the required $1 million will be kept on record and available for use when applying for the next award level.
If you’re applying for the Five, Ten or 25 Million Dollar award:
Complete the Prior Production Sales Application and include with the application for your current production.
If you’re not applying for a sales award this year: Feel free to tally your prior production and submit using the Prior Production Sales Application. The committee will audit the production and apply to your excess volume on record so you can use it when you apply next. Or wait until you apply for the next award and submit then. For more information, rules/regulations and applications, visit columbusrealtors.com/REALTOR_Tools/Awards/million_dollar_club.aspx. The deadline for all Million Dollar Awards is Nov. 6, 2017.
The Columbus Dispatch offers prize package for Sales Awards Recipients
The Columbus Dispatch is generously serving as sponsor of this year’s sales award program and will offer the following prize package to all recipients of this year’s One, Five, Ten, and 25 Million Dollar Sales Club Awards and the Lifetime Achievement Award:
- A five-line classified ad four Saturdays and Sundays in the Dispatch Classifieds and four weeks in Columbus Alive
- 30 days on ColumbusRealEstate.com
2018 Member Dues Bills e-mailed in November
- Winners featured in Columbus Dispatch full page ad following the President’s
Columbus REALTORS® member dues bills will be distributed via e-mail in early November. Please be sure your e-mail address is correct in Flexmls. If you are not a member of the MLS, you can check your e-mail address through the ‘Find a Real Estate Professional’ search on ColumbusRealtors.com. To correct your e-mail address, please call Brandi Mrugacz at (614) 475-4000 ext. 255, or e-mail her at Bmrugacz@ColumbusRealtors.com
(please put “e-mail correction” in the subject line). Paper bills will be sent to members who do not have an e-mail address in the system.
Applications being accepted for the Hondros pre-licensing scholarship — deadline 9/22/17
Donated by John G. & Linda Hondros of Hondros College, the Foundation Scholarship Committee is now accepting applications from the next generation of industry leaders for the fall pre-licensing award cycle. This scholarship provides financial assistance for a person in central Ohio seeking to obtain a real estate sales license and covers the cost of the pre-license program at Hondros, including books and materials. Completed submissions must include a typed application, a one-page essay, and two professional letters of recommendation. Applications will be accepted through Sept. 22, 2017. Go to columbusrealtors.com/scholarships for more information and to apply.
2017-18 Leadership Academy class announced!
Congratulations to the following candidates of the Columbus REALTORS® 2017-18 Leadership Academy class: Marylee Bendig, Donna Brozovich, Melle Eldridge, Connie Farabaugh, Traci Klingler, Debbie McNichols, Sarah Miller, Amy Nitzschke, Donald Payne, Rob Pemberton, Ann Sullivan and Scott Walker. This month they’ll begin an intense, but incredibly rewarding nine-month leadership program. View their pictures/bios at columbusrealtors.com/laclass18.
Board of Directors Report – 7/26/17
- Membership was 7,853 (as of 6/30/17), up 6.7 percent from last year (7,357).
- New members approved – four brokers, one REALTOR®-Appraiser, one Corporate Affiliate, eight Sustaining and 86 sales associate applicants. To view the report, visit columbusrealtors.com/Uploads/Documents/LeadershipMaterials/Membership%20Reports/17_0726-MembershipRpt.pdf.
- Selected Kate Crager Tobin and Jodee Gallagher as this year’s TLTs (Tomorrow’s Leaders Today) for the Ohio/Kentucky Convention set for Sept. 25-27, 2017 in Cincinnati.
- Selected Yolanda Early and Bill Benninghofen as nominees for the OAR annual Excellence in Community Service award. To read more about their community service, visit columbusrealtors.com/spotlight_2016_copy_copy_copy.aspx.
- Selected Kathy Shiflet as Columbus REALTORS® nominee for OAR District 1 Vice President.
- Revisions were made to the Officers and Board of Directors sections of the Columbus REALTORS® Bylaws. Revisions can be viewed at columbusrealtors.com/Uploads/Documents/bylaws/17_0726_BylawsChanges.pdf.
- Revisions were made to the Standard Clauses related to the Commercial Purchase Contract. To view these revisions, go to columbusrealtors.com/Uploads/Documents/LeadershipMaterials/BOD%20materials/17_0726-Revisions-CommStandardClauses.pdf
- Reviewed the 7/20/17 Minutes of the Broker Advisory Council. View minutes at columbusrealtors.com/Uploads/Documents/LeadershipMaterials/BOD%20materials/17_0720Minutes-BrokerAdvisoryCouncil.Pdf