COCIE/Xceligent Updates — Spring 2017
As many of you know, the Columbus real estate market is very strong. Maybe too strong. Home inventory is low and demand is high, resulting in a textbook definition of a seller’s market. This is also true in commercial real estate. Commercial agents are finding it difficult to identify available properties for clients. In Xceligent’s “CDX E-Mail” platform, there has been an increase in client requirements from agents. Normally 85 percent of e-mails are to promote listings and 10 percent are agents looking for properties. Lately it’s been 70 percent listings, 25 percent requirements, and 5 percent misc. This is a true indication of a changing market.
Below is a summary from the latest commercial market reports from Xceligent. The data is reviewed on a quarterly basis by Advisory Boards made up of top professionals in each category. The purpose of these meetings is to verify the statistics, confirm move-in/move-out, and discuss transactions relevant to the market.
First Quarter 2017 Commercial Statistics
COCIE Governing Board
Columbus is fortunate to have a governing board to oversee its commercial database. Central Ohio Commercial Information Exchange (COCIE) was developed to assure Columbus REALTOR® members are receiving the most accurate data. Volunteer members are dedicated in maintaining the integrity of the organization and have the future of COCIE in mind. The Board meets each quarter to review the policies, procedures, membership, and statistics. Below are the 2017 members.
- Frank Hinkle, Hinkle Real Estate Advisors, Chairman
- Ben Johnson, Colliers International, Vice Chairman
- Sydney Federer, Casto, Commercial Advisory Board Liaison
- Jesse Shkolnik, Equity, Board of Directors Liaison
- Matt McCollister, Columbus 2020, Affiliate Member
- Steve Kuhr, Jones Lang LaSalle, Non-Columbus REALTOR® Member
- Matt Gregory, NAI Ohio Equities, Large Company Member
- Nicholas Klacik, CBRE, Large Company Member
- Greg Hrabcak, HER Commercial, Medium Company Member
- Randy Best, Best Corporate Real Estate, Medium Company Member
- Paul Bloomfield, Kohr Royer Griffith, Medium Company Member
- Stan Collins, Columbus REALTORS®, CEO
- Bryan Dean, Columbus REALTORS®, Director of MLS
- Karen Thompson, Columbus REALTORS®, MLS Policy Compliance Administrator
- Kim Begley, Xceligent
- Brian Irwin, Xceligent
Xceligent Solution Set
Xceligent has been a trusted partner for Columbus Commercial Agents since 2005. Members rely on Xceligent for accurate data and detailed comps. Xceligent values this relationship and is dedicated to providing new tools for the commercial agent. Below are additional resources developed by Xceligent to enhance your daily business endeavors. Please contact me with any questions or to schedule a demo/meeting. Brian Irwin, (614) 203-0870. email@example.com.
- Commercial Search: The national commercial real estate marketplace enabling investors, owners, and brokers to find and market commercial properties to both professionals and the public. Industry partnerships and national agreements ensure your properties receive maximum exposure. Unique and highly optimized tool sets allow you to generate and track leads, quickly promote your spaces and properties, and promote yourself and your company.
- ClientLook: ClientLook, the CRM for CRE, and Xceligent, the preferred CRE data provider, now deliver an integrated, intuitive solution for building and managing your client relationships. Take contact, deal, and property management to a whole new level with the powerful, integrated capabilities of Xceligent data and research.
- Xceligent Direct: Xceligent Direct takes full advantage of our proactive research team’s hard work to ensure you are marketing your up to date listings to potential lessees and buyers, as well as attract new clients for your business. By removing the need for the maintenance of internal listing databases and complicated website listings systems, Xceligent Direct allows you to focus on closing deals and attracting new clients, while fostering relationships with commercial real estate professionals in your community.
- Spaceful: A first-of-its-kind tour book creator combining modern, fast, and intuitive interfaces with researched property and listing information. Quickly create a dynamic tour experience for your clients, collaborate with your colleagues, and gain a competitive edge over your competition.