The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation (CRF) is the charitable arm of the 7,600+ members of the Columbus Association of REALTORS®. Pooling together the collective power of our donations, funds raised through the Foundation support four areas of impact (see below). Over $86,000 was awarded in 2016.
Watch the amazing story of the Foundation and how it impacts the community in the CRF video, or visit the CRF PowerPhilanthropy portrait at the Columbus Foundation.
Foundation Areas of Impact
100% of all donations received go directly to supporting these four programs
- Local Non-Profit Community Project Grants – Funding for local community projects that provide real impact for the central Ohio community. Applying organizations must have 501(c)3 exemption. Fiscal agents acting on behalf of a non-exempt charitable group are also accepted. Deadline: May 31
- Educational Scholarships Funding for 4yr or 2yr degrees, sales pre-licensing, broker’s pre-licensing and other classes related to the field of real estate. More information
- REALTORS® Benevolence Fund– The CRF’s newest addition aka the Columbus REALTORS® emergency assistance fund. Applications always accepted and may initially come from a member applying on behalf of another individual or family. Strict confidential process. Application
- REALTOR® Care Day – The largest REALTOR® community volunteer event of the year. Local area realty associations receive up to $500 in matching funds for a service project in their area. More info
The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation can help you build your legacy
through one of our planned giving plans: Bequests; Charitable Annuities;
Life Insurance; and Remainder Trusts.
A sincere thank you goes out to Dean Salts, Just Results Real
Estate, who created a charitable annuity through the Columbus REALTORS®
Foundation to establish a scholarship in honor of his late wife,
fellow REALTOR® Connie Salts. We also sincerely thank the late James
(Jim) S. Henley for his bequest to the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation in
2012; his generosity will allow the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation to
continue to make change in our community.
If you have any questions regarding opportunities to give through the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation, please contact Ida Seitter, Director of Development (614) 528-1102.
The fund can invest your gift and use the interest to provide a scholarship in perpetuity in your name or that of a loved one. The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation has already partnered with local REALTOR® groups including: Builder/ REALTOR® Alliance Committee, Columbus Realtists Association, and the Women’s Council of REALTORS®.
In Kind Gifts
Gifts of real estate are an obvious gift option, but stock, bonds, autos, etc. may also be gifted to the fund. The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation can receive practically any asset of value in a simplified way.
Commemorative or Memorial Gifts
A significant gift to the fund could even be commemorative, with naming rights to a portion of Columbus REALTORS® Membership Headquarters or grounds.
Cash gifts to the Fund are recognized at the following levels:
• $100 Groundbreaker
• $500 Building Block
• $1,000 Foundation Contributor
• $3,000 Cornerstone Contributor